If you saw this grilled chicken recipe here on A Family Feast last month, then you may recognize today’s delicious recipe for Pineapple Mango Salsa!
Since we posted that earlier recipe, we’ve been making this tropical-inspired salsa again and again – and it is SO good that we felt it was worthy of it’s own post.
This Pineapple Mango Salsa is made from a mix of fresh, diced pineapple and mango, red bell pepper, red onion, plus a little bit of jalapeño for some gentle heat. Then the fruit and vegetables are tossed together with lemon and lime juice, fresh chopped cilantro, finely grated ginger and a touch of salt.
We served this Pineapple Mango Salsa at a recent family party and so many of our guests commented on how delicious it is! They also asked for the recipe – so that’s another good reason to share this fantastic salsa as a standalone recipe post!
This pineapple mango salsa has a great fresh flavor that is both sweet and savory with a perfect zesty kick! It is wonderful served with grilled chicken or seafood, added to salads or tacos, and it’s even delicious eaten with crispy tortilla chips – just like you would any other salsa!
Because this recipe includes salt as one of the ingredients (and the salt will cause the fruit to give up some of it’s liquid), we recommend that you mix everything together and add the salt just before serving.
- ½ fresh pineapple, cored, cleaned and cut ½ inch dice, about 2 cups
- 1 whole fresh mango, stone removed, skinned and cut ½ inch dice, about 1 cup
- 1 whole sweet red bell pepper stemmed and seeded, cut ½ inch dice, about 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno
- ½ red onion, small dice, about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from two fresh limes, about ¼ cup
- Juice from half a lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- Mix all ingredients just before serving. (See note above – it’s best to stir everything together then add salt just before serving.)
You may also like: