This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My husband Jack and I started A Family Feast because of our love of food. We are enthusiastic about sharing great recipes that we’ve made ourselves so that you – our wonderful readers – can enjoy them too!
So every once in a while, we try a new recipe – like this one for Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake – that is so delicious and gets us so excited that we rearrange our calendar to share it here as soon as possible!
Three simple ingredients make up this Nutella crunch ice cream cake – Nutella, Rice Krispies cereal, and vanilla ice cream – all combined together into one fantastic, and super easy-to-make dessert! First Rice Krispies are coated with melted Nutella and then cooled before stirring into softened vanilla ice cream. The mixture is packed into a springform pan to form a cake, topped with some more of the coated cereal mixture, and then frozen until ready to serve. (Scroll below to see our video, showing you how easy it is to make this ice cream cake!)
Sounds so simple (it is) – and the results are so, so, so very, very good! The chocolate-hazelnut Nutella and the creamy vanilla ice cream are perfect together, and the crispy, rice cereal lends the perfect light texture to this cake.
This Nutella crunch ice cream cake is a great dessert for feeding a crowd when you want something really delicious without having to go through too much of a fuss to prepare it.
Our Nutella crunch ice cream cake was inspired by this recipe – which we originally spotted on Pinterest. The original version, using melted chocolate and peanut butter instead of the Nutella in our recipe, was cited as an award-winning recipe from the Utica Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Festival, and I can totally understand why! In fact, if you are near Utica, Ohio – the 2013 festival is this coming weekend!
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! (P.S. Check out our other version of his fantastic dessert using Biscoff!)
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake
- 2 cups Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, as well as a very large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the Nutella and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the Nutella. Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Pour the Nutella-Rice Krispies mixture onto the lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Then place in the freezer to chill.
- While the coated cereal mixture is cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to soften.
- After about 30-45 minutes (you want the Nutella coated cereal to be cooled and firm but not frozen at this point) – using a fork and knife – cut the coated cereal into bite sized pieces. Place back into the freezer, if necessary, until the ice cream is softened.
- Once your ice cream is softened (it should be just softened enough to stir in the coated cereal but not so melted that it is runny), remove the Nutella-cereal pieces, the large mixing bowl and the springform pan from the freezer.
- Reserve 2 cups of the Nutella-cereal mixture.
- Quickly combine the ice cream and remaining coated cereal in the chilled mixing bowl, then pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan, packing it firmly so that there are no air pockets. Top the cake with the reserved Nutella-cereal mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the springform pan back into the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
- Remove the cake from the freezer about 30-45 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator to soften a bit.
- When ready to serve, place the cake on a platter or cake stand and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cut and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Chocolate Nutella Toffee Icebox Cake
Leave a Comment