This post is sponsored by Dole. All opinions are 100% mine.
Every year at the beginning of June, we host “Emma’s Big Play Date” – a fun, end of the school year picnic and barbecue for all of the kids in our daughter’s class plus their parents. This year is the fourth year in a row that we’ve held the party – and everyone has so much fun, we’ve now officially declared it an annual tradition!
After four years of hosting this party – we have the menu down to a science. We always serve a selection of foods that both the kids and their parents love – grilled chicken, mac & cheese cupcakes, my husband Jack’s famous potato salad, and make-your-own ice cream sundaes for dessert!
But the absolute must-serve menu item it is a cool and refreshing beverage like this Pineapple Lime Rickey Punch!
This Pineapple Lime Rickey Punch is popular with both kids and grownups alike! It starts out with classic lime rickey-inspired ingredients – seltzer water mixed with lime and a sweet, simple syrup. Then we add lots of exotic, fruity deliciousness by mixing in DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, plus a splash of pomegranate juice for color.
DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice is something that we always have on hand. It is made from 100% pineapple juice with added vitamins A, C & E! Its sweet, exhilarating flavor is perfect in a fruity punch like today’s recipe, but I also enjoy drinking pineapple juice straight up over ice for a delicious and refreshing beverage. (It’s a great alternative to orange juice!) We also keep DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice on hand for use in smoothies, cocktails or mocktails, as well as in marinades, sauces, desserts, and stir-fry dishes.
We always have a 6-pack of 6-ounce cans on hand, and DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice is also sold in larger 46-ounce cans (perfect for making a lot of our Pineapple Lime Rickey Punch!). Just look for it in the shelf-stable juice aisle of your local grocery store or mass merchandiser.
For more product information, recipes and videos, be sure to visit Dole Packaged Foods at www.dole.com. #KingofJuicesPrint
- 4 cups (32 ounces) DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup simple syrup*
- 2 cups lime-flavored club soda
- Fresh DOLE® Pineapple slices (for garnish)
- Fresh lime slices
- *To prepare a simple syrup, combine equal parts granulated sugar and water in a pan. Heat over medium-high heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Chill in refrigerator before using.
- Combine DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, pomegranate juice, simple syrup and lime club soda in a pitcher. Mix to combine. Add ice to chill.
- To serve, pour into individual glasses. Garnish with a pineapple wedge. Add slices of lime and additional pineapple to punch if desired.