This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 6-ounce can of pineapple juice (3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 ½ pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup ½ inch diced onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch strips and each strip cut in half (about 1 ¼ cups total)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes (or canned if fresh is not available)
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, soy sauce, hot sauce and corn starch. Mix to dissolve corn starch. Set aside.
- In a wok or heavy bottomed pan, heat to medium high and add two teaspoons of the oil. When oil starts to smoke, add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes flipping to cook both sides and cook until pink. Do not over cook. Remove shrimp to a bowl or plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil and cook ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add all other ingredients except reserved liquid from step one. Cook stirring often for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are starting to get tender but not mushy.
- Add shrimp back in. Give the sauce a quick stir and add to the shrimp and vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes to thicken sauce and blend ingredients.
- Remove from heat and serve over white rice.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.