This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 pound cooked chicken meat (We used grilled breasts but a supermarket rotisserie works well)
- 1 pound raw pasta such as elbow macaroni, penne or ziti
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1 5.2-ounce package Boursin cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 whole egg beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch dry mustard
- Kitchen pan spray
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crumbled
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions except make it a little undercooked.
- While pasta is cooking, blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 1 ½ minutes then cool under cold water to stop cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat milk to hot in a sauce pan but do not boil. Hold on heat.
- In a large bowl, mix Boursin cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, beaten egg and the two cups of shredded cheddar. Set aside.
- In a pan larger than the milk pan, heat butter until melted and add onions and cook for three minutes, then add flour to form a thick roux. Cook four minutes over medium until the raw flour smell is gone. Add hot milk to the butter and flour mixture one third at a time, whipping during each addition. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and mustard and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Drain hot pasta and add to large bowl with cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Add cooked chicken and blanched broccoli and stir to combine.
- Finally stir in the hot milk mixture and pour into a four quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with kitchen pan spray. Mixture will be loose but firms up after it comes out of the oven and rests.
- In a small bowl mix crushed Ritz, butter and cheddar and sprinkle over the top of the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.