We’ve got some more exciting football to watch this weekend as our hometown team, the New England Patriots, are still in the playoffs – and this delicious Buffalo Chicken Pizza is on the game-day menu!
Is it just me or do you also feel that watching football has to go hand-in-hand with eating some great Buffalo chicken dishes? Sometimes it’s classic Buffalo wings, or dip, or bites – or even nachos! And this time around, we’re turning our fantastic Slow-Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken into a great pizza topping!
For our Buffalo chicken pizza, our perfect pizza dough is first topped with our terrific roasted tomato pizza sauce that has been kicked up a notch by stirring in a few tablespoons of Frank’s RedHot Sauce. Then crumbles of blue cheese, and shreds of Monterey Jack and creamy Fontina cheese are sprinkled over the top of the sauce. Finally, a topping of our pulled buffalo chicken is added and the pizza is baked in the oven until perfectly done and the cheese is all melted. Top with a final drizzle of hot sauce and you’re ready to dig in.
This Buffalo chicken pizza is one of our all-time favorites ways to eat pizza – and we hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do! Go PATS!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1 10-ounce ball pizza dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (See our recipe here or your favorite jarred sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup Fontina cheese
- ¼ blue cheese
- ¾ Pulled Buffalo Chicken
- Additional drizzle of Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- Flour for dusting
- Corn meal to coat pizza peel
- Pizza stone
- Bring dough ball to room temperature on a floured pan. Cover dough ball with plastic and a dish towel and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes. The link to our perfect pizza dough makes six 7-ounce pizza balls and this recipe is for a 10 ounce ball so you will need to make adjustments.
- On a floured surface, flatten dough to a 12-14 inch round. Cover with plastic and dish towel again and let sit for another 30 minutes.
- While dough is sitting, mix pizza sauce with the two tablespoons of hot sauce.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with pizza stone.
- On a pizza peel, sprinkle corn meal and place prepared dough circle on corn meal.
- Spoon prepared pizza sauce onto dough coming about a half inch from edge.
- Drizzle blue cheese dressing over sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix three cheeses and sprinkle over sauce.
- Spread Pulled Buffalo Chicken over cheese.
- Slide onto the hot pizza stone and cook seven minutes. Check bottom of pizza and cook for one more minute if needed. Slide out onto a cutting board and drizzle some additional hot sauce over top.
- Cut and serve.
You may also like: