Our Buffalo Chicken Nachos are the perfect easy and delicious game-day appetizer!
In between all of the excitement surrounding us with Christmas just around the corner (can you believe it’s less than ten days away!), we’ve also been enjoying some exciting football games these last few weekends! Our hometown team, the New England Patriots, have been showing us some thrills this football season, and this past weekend was no exception!
And for us – football is synonymous with buffalo chicken. We’ve shared a few of our favorite buffalo chicken recipes before (see here, here, here and here) and our latest is this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Nachos!
How do you make Buffalo Chicken Nachos?
These Buffalo Chicken Nachos start with a batch of our popular Pulled Buffalo Chicken. You make it in the slow-cooker and it’s so easy and so delicious!
Then – we layer the pulled chicken over some crisp nacho chips, as well as a of black beans, blue cheese dressing, crumbled blue cheese, and shredded Monterey Jack and Fontina cheeses. The loaded up tray is put in the oven and baked until the cheese is all melted and gooey! Once the Buffalo Chicken Nachos come out of the oven, a drizzle of Franks’ RedHot Sauce and some fresh chopped tomatoes finish things off.
Serve immediately and dig in!
You may enjoy these other Buffalo recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Classic Buffalo Wings
- Cranberry Buffalo Wings
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
Note: The prep and cooking time listed above does not include the time it takes to make the Slow-Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken used in this recipe.
1 8-ounce bag tortilla chips
1 can black beans, drained
¾ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
¼ cup blue cheese dressing
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
1 pound Slow-Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken
Drizzle of Frank’s RedHot Sauce
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a pizza pan or cookie sheet with no sides (so that the nachos can slide off after), place tortilla chips in a pile.
- In a medium bowl, mix beans, ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, blue cheese dressing, Jack cheese, and Fontina cheese. Spread over top of tortilla chips.
- If necessary, reheat Slow-Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken in microwave until hot, then spread over the top of the cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese and place in oven.
- Heat 10-15 minutes until cheese has melted into chips.
- Remove from oven and slide onto serving platter. Drizzle Frank’s RedHot Sauce over the top and top with chopped tomatoes.