This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Simple and flavorful, these Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots addictively delicious!
Our local club store has been selling packages of gorgeous baby carrots this Spring, and after enjoying some of these tender little carrots on Easter at our friends’ house – we rushed to the store to buy some for ourselves!
Today’s Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots recipe is loosely adapted from a carrot recipe originally found in “Tuscan Cookbook: Recipes And Reminiscences From The Italian Cooking School” (a cookbook we received as a gift many years ago for our wedding). Over the years, we’ve changed up the original recipe to suit our tastes – and we typically make this with sliced carrots. But with these baby carrots on hand – these Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots are even better!
It takes just five minutes to prep these carrots for cooking – simply toss the carrots with extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Spread the carrots onto a metal sheet pan with some sliced lemon – and roast for about 45 minutes.
Once the carrots come out of the oven, place the sheet pan on your stove top – then pour some balsamic vinegar over the carrots and heat until the vinegar evaporates and starts to caramelize.
These addictively-good Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots are the true hallmark of Tuscan cooking – simple ingredients with fantastic flavor! (You’re going to love this recipe!)
By the way – for those of you still interested in Whole30 recipes, just use an organic balsamic vinegar to make this compliant.
More Carrot recipes:
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Tuscan-Style Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds baby carrots (or sliced carrots if baby carrots are not available)
- 4–5 large garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole lemons, each sliced into four thick slices
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with the garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Pour out onto a sheet pan or roasting pan, lay lemon slices over carrots and place in preheated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip, turn pan and roast for 20 more or until tender.
- Place pan over two burners and turn heat to medium high.
- Add vinegar and scrape up pan bottom. Once vinegar evaporates, maybe 4-5 minutes, remove from heat and pour into a serving dish and enjoy.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Leave a Comment