This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A simple and delicious way to prepare Fresh Carrots with Butter and Dill.
There is just ‘something’ about the combination of fresh carrots with butter and dill that everyone loves when we serve this dish – and it’s so quick and easy too! Carrots are great on their own, but the dill and butter combination adds just the right taste to complement this root vegetable.
Steaming is one of the best ways to prepare fresh vegetables since it helps preserve more of the nutrients than boiling. Just be sure to avoid over cooking the carrots – the perfect doneness is when the carrots are fork tender but not too soft.
You may like these other carrot recipes:
- Braised Mustard Carrots
- Tuscan Gilded Carrots
- Marinated Spiced Carrot Salad
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- Italian Carrots
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Slice the carrots into diagonal slices.
- Fill a saucepan with about ½ to ¾ of an inch of water and place a metal steaming basket inside the pan. (You ideally want to avoid having the water seep into the vegetable steamer.)
- Place the carrots into the steamer. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your carrot slices) or until fork tender.
- Drain the carrots in a colander and return carrots to saucepan, adding the butter and dill. Stir to coat and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.