A delicious and simple way to prepare fresh carrots – with butter and dill.
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- Slice the carrots into diagonal slices.
- Fill a saucepan with about ½ to ¾ of an inch of water and place a metal steaming basket inside the pan. (You ideally want to avoid having the water seep into the vegetable steamer.)
- Place the carrots into the steamer. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your carrot slices) or until fork tender.
- Drain the carrots in a colander and return carrots to saucepan, adding the butter and dill. Stir to coat and serve immediately.