This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ½ cup onion, diced very fine
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard (or a mix of yellow and Dijon mustard)
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (half a stick)
- 2 teaspoons any red pepper hot sauce (optional and I left it out)
- In a medium sauce pan, place and mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.