- 2 pounds baby carrots (or sliced carrots if baby carrots are not available)
- 4–5 large garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole lemons, each sliced into four thick slices
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss carrots with the garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Pour out onto a sheet pan or roasting pan, lay lemon slices over carrots and place in preheated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip, turn pan and roast for 20 more or until tender.
- Place pan over two burners and turn heat to medium high.
- Add vinegar and scrape up pan bottom. Once vinegar evaporates, maybe 4-5 minutes, remove from heat and pour into a serving dish and enjoy.