Yesterday we shared a terrific recipe for a Vietnamese dipping sauce that is so versatile, it’s the perfect dressing for this Easy Asian Slaw! This recipe couldn’t be any simpler – and the flavors are fresh and fantastic!
Our Asian slaw is a mixture of shredded Napa cabbage and carrots, plus sliced scallions and cilantro that has been tossed with our Vietnamese dipping sauce. (I told you it was easy!) We like using finely shredded Napa cabbage in this Asian slaw because it has a lighter texture and flavor than many other types of cabbage.
The dipping sauce used as a dressing in this slaw adds the perfect amount of flavor – a little sweet and sour, with a hint of perfect, zesty heat! Feel free to add more of your own favorite ingredients to this Asian slaw – sliced peppers, toasted sesame seeds, cashews or peanuts – even chopped fruit such as mango or pineapple would be delicious! This Asian slaw is perfect as a side dish to grilled meats or seafood, or even added to tacos!Print
- 4 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- ½ cup scallions sliced on the bias (tops and bottoms)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup cilantro leaves left whole
- ½ cup Vietnamese dipping sauce, see recipe here
- In a medium bowl, mix cabbage, scallions, carrots and cilantro.
- Add dipping sauce and toss.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like: