This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 5 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 cups mixed bell peppers, cut into thin strips (red, yellow, orange and green)
- ¼ fresh pineapple trimmed, cored, quartered and cut into thin slices
- 1 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnut, grapeseed or canola oil (any light oil)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the cabbage, peppers, pineapple and pineapple juice in a large bowl and let sit 30 minutes.
- Pour entire bowl into a colander over your sink and let liquid drain. Sprinkle and mix in the one teaspoon of salt and let the mixture sit in the colander for 30 more minutes draining into the sink.
- Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly then ball up some paper towels and press into the mixture to soak up any remaining liquid. (These steps are necessary to add flavor and remove some of the liquid from the vegetables.)
- Once the mixture has drained a bit, transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients and taste. Adjust seasonings as needed then add to dry mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate and serve once chilled.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.