This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 small cloves garlic, sliced (about one tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground chili paste
- 1 fresh seeded Thai Bird chili pepper, chopped or ½ large seeded jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, including lime pulp
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- With a mortar & pestle, mash garlic, chili paste and hot pepper to a fine paste. If you do not own a mortar and pestle, finely dice to a paste or use a mini food processor.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add fish sauce, hot water, fresh lime juice and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Serve in small bowls with shredded carrot on top.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.