It’s the final day of our Weekday Triple Play and our third meal is this fresh and healthy California Slaw. This California slaw makes a great lunch or a light dinner and it takes just minutes to prepare!
Like the other recipes in our series, this California slaw starts with our cabbage blend recipe and those vegetables are combined with cooked chicken, sliced strawberries, kiwi and toasted pecans. A pinch of nutmeg and our creamy and oh-so-good honey Dijon ranch dressing brings all of the flavors together in this wonderful, healthy salad!
You can poach the chicken ahead of time for this meal, or even pick up a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to make this California Slaw even easier to prepare.
We hope you’ve been inspired by our Weekday Triple Play series and this has given you lots of ideas for planning ahead so that mealtimes during the busy school and work week can be much less hectic!
Weekday Triple Play series adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.Print
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- One pound cooked chicken or turkey, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups cabbage blend, reserved from earlier
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into lengthwise wedges
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup honey Dijon ranch dressing, see our recipe here or you can use your favorite bottled dressing
- Toss chopped pecans in a small dry fry pan over medium heat until toasted.
- Cut cooked chicken or turkey into matchstick sized strips.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken or turkey, cabbage blend, pecans, strawberries and kiwi.
- Mix nutmeg into honey Dijon ranch dressing and drizzle over salad. Toss gently to blend.
- Serve immediately.
Weekday Triple Play adapted from [Better Homes and Gardens|
Be sure to check out the other recipes in our series: