This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Hass Avocado Board. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you are a regular reader here at A Family Feast, you might have noticed that we’ve got a bit of a pattern going with our posts this week! Decadent recipe…healthier recipe…decadent recipe…today’s healthier recipe… For us – especially as food bloggers – it’s all about trying to find balance with what we eat!
In between preparing the rich and creamy pasta recipes, and the sweet desserts that we often share here on A Family Feast, Jack and I try as much as possible to eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables! Our Avocado Poppy Seed Dressing allows us to enjoy the best of both worlds – a rich, sweet and creamy dressing that’s filled with nutrients and naturally good fats thanks to delicious, ripe Hass avocados!
Our avocado poppy seed dressing is quick and easy to make – and it’s also very versatile! We like to toss it with cut fruit (and chunks of ripe avocado!) for a delicious fruit salad. Or – it also makes a delicious, creamy dip next to a fruit platter. I’ve even used this as a regular salad dressing over crisp lettuce and vegetables! And because avocados are nutrient-dense, cholesterol-free, sodium-free and have less than one gram of sugar per serving, they are a great substitute for foods that are high in saturated fats.
Here’s our delicious avocado poppy seed dressing recipe:Print
This recipe is great served as a dressing over a fruit salad, or served on the side as a dipping sauce for a platter of fresh fruit and fresh sliced avocados.
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- ½ ripe mango, peeled, pit removed and diced
- ½ cup agave nectar or mild honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- ¼ cup apple juice or cider, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Juice from one lime
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit (see our How-To Pit an Avocado here). Spoon avocado out of the skin and place into a blender.
- Add the diced mango into the blender with the avocado, as well as all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional apple juice to make a thinner consistency if needed.
You may also like: