This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post was sponsored by OREO and Yummly. All opinions are 100% mine.
Saturday mornings at our house are the one day a week when we aren’t all rushing off to school, work or church! So we try to sleep in (at least a little), get things done around the house, and enjoy some relaxed family time! But – it’s also one of the best times for Jack and me to work together to get our cooking and photography done for the recipes we share here on A Family Feast!
Our daughter Emma takes all of this blogging stuff very much in stride! She’s become used to seeing us cook and then take photographs of food on our kitchen table (the morning light right next to our sliding glass door is perfect for photography)! And as much as possible, we like to include her in what we’re doing!
So when we were asked by OREO and Yummly to share the easy and super delicious recipe for OREO Cookie Balls this holiday season – I knew immediately that this was a recipe that Emma could help me prepare! Just three ingredients are needed for OREO Cookie Balls – crushed OREO cookies, softened cream cheese, and melted chocolate – and you’ve created a delicious treat that your family and friends will love this holiday season! Believe me – if you brought these to a holiday party or a family gathering – they will be one of the first desserts to get eaten!
We used the classic chocolate OREO’s in our cookie balls and dipped them in melted milk chocolate. Then, Emma decorated the cookie balls with some simple snowflake sprinkles!
And with all of the delicious OREO cookie flavors that are now available, you can create your own custom OREO cookie balls anyway you’d like. Learn more about OREO cookie balls and find fun takes on the classic recipe by clicking here. And – follow @oreo for cookie ball inspiration and recipes all season long!
So – getting back to Emma… As I mentioned above, we try to include her in whatever we do as much as possible (especially if our blogging activities take up the entire morning). Here is Emma getting in on the action as we photographed these OREO Cookie Balls!
What do you think of the photos she took for this post? (I think I may need to let her take the photos from now on!)
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Snowflake OREO Cookie Balls
- 36 OREO Cookies
- 1 8–ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces chocolate candy melts (we used Wilton brand), melted
- Snowflake sprinkles (or other decoration of your choice)
- Place OREO cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until completely crumbled.
- Add cream cheese to bowl and pulse again until the cream cheese and cookie crumbs are completely blended together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Freeze for 10 minutes and if necessary reshape the balls into a round shape. Using a fork, dip balls in melted chocolate, and place in single layer in a shallow waxed or parchment paper-lined pan.
- Add sprinkles before the chocolate hardens, or allow the chocolate to set and then decorate as you wish.
- Refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment