I love one-dish recipes like this Avocado Chicken Pasta Salad – especially when it’s a complete meal and it only takes minutes to prepare!
It’s a super flavorful salad because the pasta is tossed with our fantastic Favorite Vinaigrette right after cooking – and this helps the pasta absorb the delicious flavors of the dressing as it cools!
Then add cooked chicken breast meat (use poached chicken like we did, or store-bought rotisserie chicken if you prefer) and toss it all together with bite-sized chunks of red and green bell peppers, sliced red onions, chopped black olives, avocado, herbs and a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese. You can also drizzle on some additional vinaigrette if you’d like!
This avocado chicken pasta salad makes a delicious lunch or dinner on its own – or it can be served as a side salad at a cookout or other gathering. It’s healthy, light and delicious! Enjoy!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 1/3 cup Favorite Vinaigrette dressing (see the recipe here) or your favorite bottled vinaigrette
- 6 ounces uncooked pipette pasta, or your favorite pasta
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup sweet red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup red onions, cut into small thin strips
- ½ cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pitted and cleaned avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Note: Prepare the vinaigrette before you start cooking the pasta – it gets added while the pasta is still hot just after cooking.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well. Place in large bowl and pour the vinaigrette over the pasta. Toss and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Once pasta is at room temperature, add cooked chicken, both peppers, onions, olives, garlic and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Gently add avocado and toss. Top with feta cheese and serve.
You may also like: