This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our Favorite Vinaigrette is a versatile, delicious salad dressing that everyone should have in their recipe collection!The Silver Palate Cookbook, the recipe was included in that cookbook as a vinaigrette for serving over asparagus. But we love it so much, we use it as a salad dressing. This Favorite Vinaigrette is a simple dressing made with ingredients you likely have on hand in your kitchen pantry: Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, a touch of sugar and other seasonings. We also add fresh herbs to the vinaigrette – most often fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, but chives are also a delicious variation. (Feel free to try other fresh herbs as well!) immersion blender to mix the ingredients for a more emulsified and creamy version. Prepared either way, this Favorite Vinaigrette is sure to become a favorite of yours too! Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Minced parsley and/or snipped fresh chives to taste (we used about 1 to 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a tall cup (ideally the one that comes with an immersion blender), add in the mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and herbs to taste. Whisk with a fork to combine just slightly.
- Add the olive oil and blend using the immersion blender until completely combined and thickened.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cover until ready to use.
- (Note: As noted above, if you do not have an immersion blender, this can also be made by whisking all of the ingredients by hand until thickened.)
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
This post originally appeared on A Family Feast in December 2012. We’ve updated the post and photos.