Everyone should have a few, simple salad dressing and vinaigrette recipes in their personal recipe collection, and we think this Simple Red Wine Vinaigrette is one of the best recipes to include! It’s one of our go-to vinaigrette recipes because it’s quick and easy (as well as delicious!) and it marries very well with grilled meats and salads.
It’s a simple blend of red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, agave nectar, celery salt and freshly ground black pepper – plus some finely minced shallots. You can swap in honey for the agave nectar if you’d like – but it will change the flavors of this simple red wine vinaigrette a bit! (Agave is a neutral-flavored natural sweetener that is great for cooking and baking!)
Simply whisk all of the ingredients together – and your simple red wine vinaigrette is ready! We particularly like this vinaigrette served with a boldly-flavored grilled steak salad. (Recipe for that coming next week!)Print
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon of agave nectar (you can use honey but it will change the taste)
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl or salad dressing shaker, mix all ingredients except the oil until well blended.
- If mixing in a bowl, slowly add the oil while whisking. (If using a salad shaker, add the oil and shake vigorously.)
- Store refrigerated up to two weeks.
You may also like: