This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the oil and sugar until blended. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder, mixing well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture – mixing until fully blended. Add chocolate chips and almonds and mix until just blended.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough in half and form into two logs (approximately 12×2 inches for small biscotti or 9×3 inches for longer biscotti) on the parchment paper. Note: dough is sticky so wet your hands with cool water to more easily handle the dough.
- Bake the logs for 30-35 minutes in the 300 degree oven until logs are a very light brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 275 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, using a serrated knife, cut the logs on a diagonal into ¾ inch thick slices. Lay the cookies on their sides on the parchment covered cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more. Let cool.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.