This recipe is great served as a dressing over a fruit salad, or served on the side as a dipping sauce for a platter of fresh fruit and fresh sliced avocados.
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- ½ ripe mango, peeled, pit removed and diced
- ½ cup agave nectar or mild honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- ¼ cup apple juice or cider, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- Juice from one lime
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit (see our How-To Pit an Avocado here). Spoon avocado out of the skin and place into a blender.
- Add the diced mango into the blender with the avocado, as well as all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional apple juice to make a thinner consistency if needed.