A few weeks ago, I shared a recipe for grilled pork and apple skewers which made me the declared winner of a friendly summer grill-off competition. Well – today’s recipe is the dessert that I served that same evening, and I am fairly certain these Grilled Bananas and Pineapple with Rum-Molasses Glaze are what really helped me clinch the title!
Our Grilled Bananas and Pineapple with Rum-Molasses Glaze is a quick, easy, and super delicious recipe that will impress your family and guests! A rich flavorful glaze of dark rum, molasses, butter and lime juice takes just minutes to prepare – but tastes decadently good! Then, slice some bananas and a pineapple, brush on some oil and grill for just a few minutes until the fruit is warm and starting to caramelize. Flip and brush the glaze on the grilled bananas and pineapple, serve with some vanilla ice cream – and you’re done!
You and your guests will fall in love with the sweetness that comes from the grilled bananas and pineapple – and combined with the warm, buttery flavors in the rum-molasses glaze…this is a scrumptious taste of the tropics in your own back yard!
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately one lime)
- 4 bananas skin-on, cut lengthwise
- ½ ripe pineapple unpeeled cut into four ½-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a small sauce pan combine rum, molasses, butter and lime juice and heat and stir just until butter melts into sauce. Remove from heat.
- Rub the banana slices and pineapple with the oil and grill on a medium fire for two minutes. Flip and brush with the rum glaze. Cook for one more minute and remove to a platter. Brush with more glaze.
- Serve each person two banana halves, one pineapple slice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle more rum glaze over each portion.
You may also like: