This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ pound prosciutto, diced
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint whole milk ricotta (a 15-ounce container is enough if that is all you can find at the supermarket)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups Béchamel sauce divided, see recipe here
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles until they are pliable but still firm. They will cook further in the oven so you just need to get them soft enough to fill and roll. Cool and set aside, keeping them moist so they don’t stick.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high, heat olive oil and cook onions and garlic for two minutes. Add prosciutto and cook for one more minute. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about another minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium to large bowl, place ricotta cheese, the egg, parsley, Parmesan, ½ cup of the Béchamel sauce, one cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the chopped chicken meat, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour one cup of Béchamel sauce into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan or glass dish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take each strip of lasagna noodle and place ½ cup of filling along center of strip. Then fold each side over. With a spatula, remove filled roll from your counter to the pan laying them in a 3×4 pattern for a total of 12.
- Pour the remaining 1½ cups of Béchamel sauce over the tops and sprinkle the remaining 1 ½ cups of mozzarella.
- Top the pan with a sheet of parchment paper then foil and bake for 25 minutes covered. Remove foil and paper and bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and slightly browned.
- Serve 1-2 rollups for a portion.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.