- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approximately one lime)
- 4 bananas skin-on, cut lengthwise
- ½ ripe pineapple unpeeled cut into four ½-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a small sauce pan combine rum, molasses, butter and lime juice and heat and stir just until butter melts into sauce. Remove from heat.
- Rub the banana slices and pineapple with the oil and grill on a medium fire for two minutes. Flip and brush with the rum glaze. Cook for one more minute and remove to a platter. Brush with more glaze.
- Serve each person two banana halves, one pineapple slice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle more rum glaze over each portion.