This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh garlic, about three cloves
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh jalapeno or Serrano peppers, stemmed and seeds removed, see note
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a blender, place ginger, garlic, peppers, vinegar, water, ketchup, sugar and salt. Puree until smooth but leave a few bits unprocessed, about 30 seconds.
- Place ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer and simmer for five minutes.
- In a small cup, mix corn starch and water and add to pan. Heat just to thickened, then remove from heat.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. When ready, remove to room temperature before serving.
- Keep up to two weeks refrigerated.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.