This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It always thrills me when quick and easy recipes turn out to be so delicious! And that is exactly the case with today’s Roasted Strawberries.
Roasting strawberries – or any fruit for that matter – really deepens and intensifies the flavors of the fruit and the sweetness. In our recipe today, we tossed the strawberries with a little bit of sugar before roasting them under high heat in the oven, and the juices from the strawberries created a wonderful syrup.
The roasted strawberries you see here in our photos were added to our Roasted Strawberry Crème Fraîche Ice Cream but they would also make a delicious topping for strawberry shortcake or any other dessert.
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the strawberries, then remove the stems and cut berries in half or quarters (depending on the size of your strawberries). Place cut strawberries in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the berries and stir to coat.
- Pour the berries onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes – turning halfway through the baking time – until the berries have given up some of their liquid and they are soft and tender.
- Remove from the oven and carefully pour strawberries and juices into a jar or bowl. Cool before using.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: