This post is sponsored by Success Rice.
School just started for us last week, and I can’t believe how busy our weeknights have already become! Between work and school and homework, plus after-school activities – not to mention everything else going on in our lives – things are pretty hectic! So quick-to-prepare meals are where it’s at for us right now – like this delicious Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup.
This recipe couldn’t be any quicker or easier to make – it only takes about 30 minutes – and it’s a hearty and delicious meal that both kids and adults will love! (I call that a Mealtime Success!) This creamy chicken and rice soup takes advantage of a few short cuts – but in a very delicious way! First – we used a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket (any cooked chicken will do), and – we used Success® Rice!
Success Rice is the original no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time in just 10 minutes – and it comes in four delicious varieties: Whole Grain Brown Rice and White Rice, as well as their globally-inspired varieties including fragrant Thai Jasmine Rice (which we used in today’s recipe) and Basmati Rice.
The Jasmine Rice was the perfect addition to our creamy chicken and rice soup. With its buttery, nutty fragrance, and silky, smooth grains – it is delicious mixed with the tender chunks of chicken and sautéed vegetables in our soup’s creamy chicken broth!
Success Rice is a great pantry staple to always keep on hand, and you’re sure to find a variety of Success Rice that everyone in your family will love. And Success Brown Rice and White Rice also come in two different package sizes – 14oz. and 32oz. – so you can always make the perfect amount of rice for your household.
For recipe ideas and more information about cooking with Success Rice’s four different varieties, visit successrice.com.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Print
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
If you prefer your soup with lots of broth, use only one bag of Success Jasmine Rice. If you like thicker and heartier soup, use two bags. (For our recipe, we used two bags.) Note that the cooked rice will absorb some of the broth once combined so if you reheat any leftovers the next day, more chicken stock or cream may be needed to thin the soup.
- 1 two-pound rotisserie chicken
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 quart low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt as needed
- 2 bags Success Jasmine Rice, see note
- Remove the meat from the rotisserie chicken and dice into bite sized pieces. (One two-pound cooked rotisserie chicken will yield about one pound of usable meat, equivalent to about three cups of diced cooked chicken.)
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, melt butter and add carrots, onion, celery, parsley, pepper, thyme and garlic powder. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add flour. Stir and cook for three more minutes.
- Add stock and stir with wooden spoon until combined. Add cooked chicken and stir. Reduce temperature to low.
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil and place two bags of Success rice into water and follow directions on box (or follow microwave directions on box).
- When rice is almost done, heat soup back up and add peas and cream and stir. Taste and only add salt if needed. Depending on the brand of stock you buy, salt may not be needed.
- Once rice is done, follow box directions to remove and drain and add rice to soup.
- Stir and serve.
Keywords: creamy chicken & rice soup