- 1 pound strawberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the strawberries, then remove the stems and cut berries in half or quarters (depending on the size of your strawberries). Place cut strawberries in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the berries and stir to coat.
- Pour the berries onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes – turning halfway through the baking time – until the berries have given up some of their liquid and they are soft and tender.
- Remove from the oven and carefully pour strawberries and juices into a jar or bowl. Cool before using.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.