This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today’s Roasted Radishes and Root Vegetables is as pretty and colorful as it is delicious! It’s also quick and easy to prepare – and really – you can make this side dish with just about any root vegetables you have on hand.
The unlikely hero in this dish is the red radish! Different from the radish’s spicy and almost peppery flavor when eaten raw – the roasting process really mellows the peppery bite into something uniquely delicious. (I know…who knew that radishes could be so wonderful when they are roasted in the oven?!)
We also added more great flavor to these Roasted Radishes and Root Vegetables by infusing the olive oil with some fresh thyme before using it to roast the vegetables.
As you look to make this Roasted Radishes and Root Vegetables recipe, you can add even more color to your dish by looking for special varieties of colorful root vegetables such as purple carrots, yellow or orange beets, and even different varieties of radishes that come in other colors.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 full bunch of fresh thyme
- 1pound red radishes
- 1½ pounds any combination of root vegetables (we used turnip, carrot, yellow beet and parsnip)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small fry pan with a tight fitting lid, heat oil and fresh thyme over medium low for ten minutes while covered. Discard thyme.
- Place a very large oven-proof skillet or cast iron skillet into the oven and preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- Trim ends off each radish and cut large ones in half but leave small ones whole. Place in a medium bowl.
- Cut all other vegetables into a uniform size. Cut carrots and parsnip into thick coins, beet and turnip into similar sized pieces and place in bowl with radishes.
- Place salt, pepper and infused oil in with vegetables and toss to combine.
- Open oven door and carefully pour the vegetables into the scorching hot preheated skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables and cook for 10-15 more minutes until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: