Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is easy and delicious!
This recipe for Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who is convinced that they don’t like Brussels sprouts. I’ve been right there with you – convinced myself that Brussels sprouts were one of those vegetables that I didn’t (and couldn’t possibly) like!
The first time I had Brussels sprouts, they were mushy (boiled or steamed – I can’t really remember) – and they didn’t smell very appetizing. And for the life of me, I couldn’t understand why some people raved about them!
Then – I joined the ranks of Brussels sprouts lovers! The trick is to roast them in the oven at a high enough temperature that they caramelize and get golden and crispy on the outside, and tender (but not mushy) on the inside. And – since pretty much everything is better with bacon – we cooked our oven roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, giving the sprouts even more delicious flavor!
You may also like these other Brussels sprout recipes:
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mustard and Shallots
- Creamed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts and cutting any very large heads in half through the core. (It’s fine if some of the outer leaves fall off – just bake those along with the rest of the sprouts. They get extra crispy and are delicious!)
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to evenly coat.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto a large sheet pan (you want them to be in a single layer). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then evenly sprinkle the bacon pieces over the Brussels sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time, until golden and lightly caramelized.
- Serve immediately.