This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Long before cauliflower was as popular as it is today – we’ve been a huge fan of this versatile vegetable! And I think roasting cauliflower – like we do in today’s recipe for Oven Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower – is one of the best ways to prepare it.
We toss the cauliflower with chopped garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and extra virgin olive oil – then roast it in a very hot oven until caramelized and tender. As the cauliflower comes out of the oven, we sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top as well.
Prepared this way, this Oven Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower results in an almost nutty flavor. This simple vegetable side dish is a great addition to any weeknight meal – as well as a great addition to a special holiday menu.
You can also change-up the recipe to suit your tastes: add more or less garlic, more or less cheese, add other herbs and seasonings. The options are endless!
- 1 large head cauliflower (approximately 2 ½ pounds), cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper, about 5 grinds
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, place cauliflower, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and using your hands, toss to coat. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning half way through the baking time. Bake until slightly caramelized and the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from oven and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: