As you might imagine, A Family Feast is a big part of our daily family life! Even our nine-year-old daughter is often part of the action in the kitchen, and we must give her credit for the inspiration behind today’s Mango Orange Lassi.
A few months ago, Emma brought home several cookbooks she had borrowed from her school’s library. One of the cookbooks – a collection of kid-friendly, Indian-inspired recipes – included a “lassi” recipe that we all wanted to try. None of us had ever had a lassi before – and we all loved the name of this creamy beverage!
A lassi is a cool, yogurt-based drink (similar to a smoothie) that is often served with Indian cuisine. It is deliciously refreshing – and the tang from yogurt, a touch of cardamom, and the gentle sweetness from the mango fruit and orange juice is a wonderful complement to any spicy dish.
This Mango Orange Lassi was particularly delicious with the Chicken with Vindaloo Spices recipe that we shared earlier this week. It is also delicious with our Chicken Tikka Masala, Butter Chicken Panini, or our Basil Chicken in Coconut-Curry Sauce.Print
- 2 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mango flesh (frozen is the simple choice and is available in most markets)
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Mint, for garnish (optional)
- Chunks of mango, for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except mint and mango chunks for garnish) in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with a sprig of mint and additional chunks of mango for garnish, if desired.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: