Lemon Ginger Broccoli has delicious Asian-inspired flavors that go perfectly with fresh steamed broccoli.
After the last few days of indulging, we’re definitely ready for some healthier food options. This recipe for Lemon Ginger Broccoli is both healthy and delicious!
Today’s quick and easy recipe is delicious when served warm, right after cooking. But it’s also great served chilled, or added into a fresh greens salad.
How do you make Lemon Ginger Broccoli?
Steamed broccoli is tossed with a light Asian-inspired sauce made by combining soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly grated ginger and sesame oil. Some hot sesame oil also adds just a little bit of heat (it’s not too spicy at all – just the perfect amount of warmth) and it really compliments the broccoli and other flavors.
This Lemon Ginger Broccoli recipe, originally published in this low-carb cookbook, also calls for a small amount of fructose or sugar to be added to the sauce, which helps to mellow out the flavors. We think this sauce is delicious without the added sweetness, but let your own taste buds decide – adding fructose (or sugar) is optional.
You may like these other broccoli recipes:
- Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
- Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- Broccoli Rabe
- Stir-Fry Bok Choy with Red Pepper and Broccoli
- Winter Vegetable Salad
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1½ teaspoons hot sesame oil (or hot pepper oil, which is found more readily at the grocery store, may be substituted)
1 tablespoon fructose or sugar (optional)
8 cups bite-sized broccoli florets and peeled stems (about two medium crowns)
- To prepare the sauce, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly grated ginger, sesame oil, hot oil and fructose in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Steam the broccoli for about 3-4 minutes until tender but still crisp. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and sauce and toss to coat the broccoli.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Keywords: Lemon Ginger Broccoli