This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- ½ can anchovies (1 ounce), oil from can discarded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon nutritional yeast (to keep this recipe Whole30 compliant), or grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 cups trimmed from ribs and washed Tuscan kale, cut into pieces, see note above
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for five minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, place oil and garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add anchovies and break up the anchovies into the oil. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add lemon juice, stir and cool.
- To assemble, place washed and trimmed kale in a large bowl.
- Top with oil mixture and with your hands, massage the oil mixture into the kale. The kale will start to break down and within a few minutes, almost look like it was cooked.
- To serve, top with toasted pine nuts and nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.