This Garlicky Tuscan Kale is a quick and easy side dish that is delicious with any meal!
We often cook up a batch of this super healthy vegetable and keep it on hand in the refrigerator. Then, we add this Garlicky Tuscan Kale to scrambled eggs at breakfast, on top of salads – or just served as is when we want to add some nutritious and flavorful greens to our dinner.
Tuscan kale (also called dinosaur, Lacinato or black kale) is not as tough and fibrous as its curlier kale cousin, so it is often served raw in salads. But as delicious as it is raw, it is especially good cooked as we’ve done in this Garlicky Tuscan Kale recipe today.
An additional bonus – this Garlicky Tuscan Kale takes just three minutes to cook once you’ve cleaned and chopped your Tuscan kale.Print
- 1 large bunch of Tuscan kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- Dash of hot sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Take each leaf of kale and run a sharp knife down both sides of rib, starting at fat end and sliding the knife down. Repeat for the entire bunch and discard ribs. Then roughly cut the leaves into large pieces and place in a colander and run cold water over leaves. Do not shake out excess water, just leave the leaves in the colander in your sink.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add both oils.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute, stirring often.
- Place the kale into the hot pan with whatever water is still stuck to the leaves.
- Cook for one minute, flip and cook for one minute more.
- Flavor with a few drops of hot sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
You may also like: