This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We’re always looking for new ways to prepare chicken – and this Golden Crusted Baked Chicken is easy and delicious! And – there are a few secret ingredients in the coating that give this Golden Crusted Baked Chicken fantastic flavor and texture!
We started off by pureeing some celery stalks. Then we combined that puree with a mix of mayonnaise, celery salt, freshly ground black pepper and some melted butter to create a flavorful wet coating.
Next, we made a dry coating from a mix of potato flakes, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and paprika. After rinsing some bone-in chicken pieces and patting them dry, we dipped the chicken in the celery-mayonnaise mixture, then the potato flake-Parmesan cheese mixture, and baked until lightly golden brown.
This Golden Crusted Baked Chicken came out super juicy with a light, crispy crust with wonderful flavor. We hope your family enjoys this as much as ours!
Interested in more chicken recipes?
Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup potato flakes (We used Betty Crocker Potato Buds)
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4–5 pounds cut up chicken pieces, bone-in and skin-on
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a mini food processor (like this one), puree celery to almost a liquid. (Two stalks should yield about ½ cup pureed.) Pour into a large bowl and add mayonnaise, celery salt, pepper and melted butter. Whip to combine and set aside.
- In another large bowl, blend potato flakes, Parmesan, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Set aside.
- Line a sheet tray with foil and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces. One at a time dip in the celery puree and mayonnaise mixture, then the potato flake mixture and set on prepared pan, skin side up. Discard any leftover coating.
- Lightly spray the tops of each piece with non-stick cooking spray, then bake for 35-40 minutes until golden browned and cooked through.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: