This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today’s recipe is an Easy No-Cook Pizza Sauce that is absolutely fantastic! This is the sauce that we used to make yesterday’s delicious Sausage and Pepper Calzone recipe.
This Easy No-Cook Pizza Sauce comes together in minutes using ingredients that you likely have in your pantry – canned tomatoes, tomato paste, pesto, Parmesan cheese, plus seasonings, butter and extra virgin olive oil. It can be made anytime the inspiration strikes, and it’s perfect for pizza (like this, this or this), calzones, or even baked pasta!
Because this sauce gets so much of its flavor from the tomatoes, be sure to use a good-quality flavorful canned tomato like San Marzano. (We recommend either Pastene or Cento brands).
This Easy No-Cook Pizza Sauce is thick and delicious with a wonderful tomato flavor, and it’s so good, I’ve been known to eat it right out of the jar with a spoon! 😉
- 1 28–ounce can San Marzano kitchen ready ground tomatoes, (We like Pastene or Cento)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Place everything in a large bowl and stir with a whisk until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: