- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano kitchen ready ground tomatoes, (We like Pastene or Cento)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto
- ¼ cup fresh finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Place everything in a large bowl and stir with a whisk until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.