This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 7 ounce pizza dough (see our recipe for Perfect Pizza Dough here)
- Flour for surface
- ¼ cup Roasted Tomato Pizza Sauce or your favorite sauce
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella sliced ¼ inch thick
- 5 slices fresh tomatoes sliced ¼ inch thick
- A few large basil leaves, torn
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Corn meal to coat pizza peel
- Bring dough ball to room temperature on a floured pan. Cover dough ball with plastic and a dish towel and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, flatten dough to a 12-14 inch round. Cover with plastic and dish towel and let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and in middle rack, place your pizza stone.
- On a pizza peel, sprinkle corn meal over surface. Lay pizza dough round onto peel.
- Carefully spread pizza sauce to ½ inch from edge without getting any on peel. Alternate mozzarella and tomato slices on top of sauce. Tear half of basil and sprinkle over top. Drizzle a little oil over the whole pizza.
- Slide pizza from peel onto the stone and set timer for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes check pizza bottom for browning with a pair of tongs and cook 1-2 more minutes only if needed.
- Remove to a cutting board and tear more basil over top. Cut and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.