This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca combines fresh watermelon, mint and sweetened lime juice into one deliciously festive drink!
I think one of the most fun things about summertime entertaining is creating a ‘signature’ beverage that sets the mood (and even the color scheme) for a party. This gorgeous and refreshing Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca is the perfect summertime drink!
An ‘agua fresca’ is a popular drink in Mexico and other Central and South American countries. It is made from a combination of fruit that is blended with sugar and water to make a light, non-alcoholic beverage. Kids and grownups will both love this sweet, fruity drink.
How do you make Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca?
This Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca couldn’t be any easier to make! Start by placing some cut lime slices and mint leaves in the bottom of a glass, then sprinkle sugar on top.
Muddle the lime, mint, and sugar mixture together (with a wooden muddler like this). Then add ice to each glass.
In a blender, purée chilled, cubed watermelon plus a little bit of cold water, then strain the mixture into a pitcher.
Pour the liquified watermelon ‘agua’ into the glass with the lime, mint sugar mixture and stir to combine. You’ve got a delicious, refreshing (and gorgeous) beverage that your guests will love!
The flavors of the sweet watermelon, fresh mint, and lime are really fantastic together.
You can certainly add a little tequila to this Watermelon Mint Agua Fresca if you’d like. This makes a delicious cocktail too!
You might enjoy these other Watermelon recipes:
- Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit Frozen Margaritas
- Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
- Melon Balls with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Melon Granita
This post originally appeared on A Family Feast in May 2015. We updated the recipe, photos, and post.
- 4 cups chilled watermelon, cubed and seeds removed (approximately 1/4 of a large watermelon)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 lime, cut into 8–12 slices then cut each slice in half again, divided
- 12 mint leaves, divided
- 8 teaspoons sugar, divided (use more or less depending upon the sweetness of your watermelon)
- Ice cubes
- Additional sprigs of mint for garnish, optional
- Place the watermelon cubes and water in a blender and purée until smooth. Place a sieve or fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the puréed watermelon mixture through the sieve, using a spoon to stir so that all of the watermelon liquids go through the mesh and into the bowl. Set liquid aside and discard watermelon solids.
- Divide the lime slices and mint leaves equally in the bottom of four 12-ounce glasses. Sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar into each glass. Using a wooden muddler, press down on the limes, mint and sugar until all of the ingredients are muddled together.
- Add ice cubes to each glass, then pour the puréed watermelon mixture over the ice cubes and stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of mint (if desired). Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.