- 4 cups chilled watermelon, cubed and seeds removed (approximately ¼ of a large watermelon)
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 lime, cut into 8–12 slices then cut each slice in half again, divided
- 12 mint leaves, divided
- 8 teaspoons sugar, divided (use more or less depending upon the sweetness of your watermelon)
- Ice cubes
- Additional sprigs of mint for garnish, optional
- Place the watermelon cubes and water in a blender and purée until smooth. Place a sieve or fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Pour the puréed watermelon mixture through the sieve, using a spoon to stir so that all of the watermelon liquids go through the mesh and into the bowl. Set liquid aside and discard watermelon solids.
- Divide the lime slices and mint leaves equally in the bottom of four 12-ounce glasses. Sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar into each glass. Using a wooden muddler, press down on the limes, mint and sugar until all of the ingredients are muddled together.
- Add ice cubes to each glass, then pour the puréed watermelon mixture over the ice cubes and stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of mint (if desired). Serve immediately.
Keywords: watermelon mint aqua fresca