This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I first had a Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad years ago at a friend’s wedding – and when I first saw the salad listed on the menu, I remember thinking at the time that it was a ‘very interesting’ combination of ingredients to put together in a salad!
But one bite later – I was hooked! With the juicy, sweet watermelon and the briny feta cheese, plus a bright touch of fresh mint – those ‘interesting’ ingredients paired together are really fantastic, and they complement each other in a freshing and delicious way!
Over the years I’ve tried several recipes in an attempt to recreate that Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad I had at the wedding – and today’s recipe is the closest I’ve come to that memorable salad.
In addition to the watermelon, feta and mint – this salad has a super flavorful dressing made from fresh lime juice, more mint, a little bit of sugar, and rice vinegar along with extra virgin olive oil. You’ll want to use the dressing sparingly – just a drizzle over the chunks of fruit is enough! But it is the perfect finishing touch to this wonderful (and very pretty!) salad.
Adapted from Cooking from the Farmers’ Market (affiliate link).
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
Note: The dressing may be prepared ahead of time. Bring to room temperature and stir again before serving.
- 1 small seedless watermelon (about 2–3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled in small pieces
- Cut watermelon flesh into 1-inch cubes, removing seeds as needed. Place in individual serving bowls.
- In a small food processor, combine ½ cup of the mint leaves and the sugar. Process until well blended and the mint leaves are chopped. Add the vinegar, lime juice and process again until mixed. Add the olive oil and process again until well blended. Pour dressing into a small pitcher and add a pinch each of salt and pepper to taste, stirring with a spoon to combine.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese crumbles over the watermelon cubes that were placed in each bowl. Then lightly drizzle the dressing over each serving. Garnish with remaining mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Melon Balls with Poppy Seed Dressing
Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit Frozen Margaritas
Leave a Comment