Note: The dressing may be prepared ahead of time. Bring to room temperature and stir again before serving.
- 1 small seedless watermelon (about 2–3 pounds)
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled in small pieces
- Cut watermelon flesh into 1-inch cubes, removing seeds as needed. Place in individual serving bowls.
- In a small food processor, combine ½ cup of the mint leaves and the sugar. Process until well blended and the mint leaves are chopped. Add the vinegar, lime juice and process again until mixed. Add the olive oil and process again until well blended. Pour dressing into a small pitcher and add a pinch each of salt and pepper to taste, stirring with a spoon to combine.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese crumbles over the watermelon cubes that were placed in each bowl. Then lightly drizzle the dressing over each serving. Garnish with remaining mint leaves. Serve immediately.