We’ve got another recipe for you today that uses up Thanksgiving turkey leftovers in a very delicious way – and it’s our recipe for a simple and super flavorful Turkey Salad Sandwich!
This turkey salad sandwich is reminiscent of our Copycat Willow Tree Chicken Salad (one of the most popular recipes on A Family Feast) – but we’ve changed up the spices and the proportion of ingredients just a bit in order to really complement the flavor of the turkey!
Our not-so-secret ingredients for making this the perfect turkey salad sandwich is a little bit of Bell’s poultry seasoning, plus a touch of brown sugar in the mix along with minced celery, onion, celery salt and mayonnaise. We also like using a mix of the dark and white turkey meat – but whatever leftovers you have are fine!
Served on a crusty ciabatta bread – we spread a little bit of leftover cranberry sauce along with the turkey salad on our sandwich for a sweet and spicy contrast of flavors – but that is also completely optional. Enjoy!Print
- 2 cups cooked turkey (white and dark mixed)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon Bell’s poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Crusty bread
- Cranberry sauce (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or by hand in a bowl), place turkey and beat on low just enough to break up the meat but not pulverized.
- In a small bowl, mix celery, onion, poultry seasoning, brown sugar, celery salt and mayonnaise. Mix and taste for seasoning. Adjust seasoning and add to turkey. Mix by hand.
- Serve on Crusty bread with lettuce and tomato, and if desired cranberry sauce
You may also enjoy: