This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A delicious homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe that takes just minutes to prepare! Hints of orange and apple and wonderful spices are the perfect complement to the tart-sweet cranberries!
Cranberry sauce is a Thanksgiving dinner tradition, dating all the way back to the Pilgrims who took advantage of the abundance of local, fresh cranberries in Plymouth, Massachusetts where they originally settled. It’s a great sweet-tart complement to the other traditional foods served during Thanksgiving dinner – and a Thanksgiving meal wouldn’t be complete without a delicious cranberry sauce!
Our cranberry sauce recipe has a kick of spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cardamom), as well as a hint of orange and apple – plus enough cranberries and sugar for sweetness that even the biggest fan of the canned variety will fall in love with this version! And homemade cranberry sauce is so easy to make – and so pretty to look at – you’ll never buy the canned sauce ever again!
You may also like:
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
- 2 12–ounce bags fresh cranberries, preferably Ocean Spray
- Zest and juice from two navel oranges
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry cardamom
- In a medium sauce pan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick. Stir often.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the mixture. Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate to chill – at least 4-6 hours.
- If you’d like, you can pour the sauce into a low flat bowl like we did and then, once set and ready to serve, invert the cranberry sauce onto a plate and unmold. Garnish with additional orange zest if desired.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Leave a Comment