- 2 12-ounce bags fresh cranberries, preferably Ocean Spray
- Zest and juice from two navel oranges
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and shredded
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dry ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon dry cardamom
- In a medium sauce pan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick. Stir often.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the mixture. Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate to chill – at least 4-6 hours.
- If you’d like, you can pour the sauce into a low flat bowl like we did and then, once set and ready to serve, invert the cranberry sauce onto a plate and unmold. Garnish with additional orange zest if desired.
Keywords: homemade cranberry sauce