This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been sharing all sorts of recipes that you can make using leftover Thanksgiving turkey. To share a little behind-the-scenes with you – we roasted, cooked with, and ate three (three!) turkeys in the last month so we would have cooked turkey for our recipe creations.
And with two separate Thanksgiving celebrations coming up later this week – my side of the family first, then Jack’s family the following day – it is safe to say that we are eating our fill of turkey this year!
But even still – we can’t wait to make these Turkey and Gravy Savory Herbed Waffles again the day after Thanksgiving! This is another fantastic recipe that we tried from this month’s issue of Coastal Living magazine – the same issue where we found those amazing sweet potato pancakes we shared with you last week. These waffles were so delicious, we had to share it here on A Family Feast.
In the original recipe, this Turkey and Gravy Savory Herbed Waffles was served as a sandwich – but we found it easier to eat with a fork and knife. (Especially with the drippy sunny-side-up egg on top!)
The star of this recipe is the savory herbed waffles – lightly sweet, buttermilk waffles seasoned with fresh chopped thyme and sage. Those herbed waffles would be fantastic on their own, but they are especially delicious with turkey and gravy and an egg on top! Serve this delicious meal to your weekend guests for breakfast – or enjoy it for “briner” (aka “breakfast for dinner”).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme, finely minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons fresh sage, finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- To make the batter, in a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, chives, thyme, sage, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate small bowl beat eggs with buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat waffle maker and add batter per waffle maker instructions.
- Place cooked waffles on a sheet pan and hold in the warm oven.
- Reheat gravy in a small sauce pan.
- Heat two large sauté pans and divide butter between them.
- Brown turkey slices in one and cook over easy or sunny eggs in the other.
- To serve, place a waffle on a plate, top with turkey and gravy and a cooked egg. Serve waffle top on the side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: