Note: We used a Belgian waffle maker and got eight waffles however a regular sized waffle maker should yield 12 waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme, finely minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons fresh sage, finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- To make the batter, in a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, chives, thyme, sage, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate small bowl beat eggs with buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat waffle maker and add batter per waffle maker instructions.
- Place cooked waffles on a sheet pan and hold in the warm oven.
- Reheat gravy in a small sauce pan.
- Heat two large sauté pans and divide butter between them.
- Brown turkey slices in one and cook over easy or sunny eggs in the other.
- To serve, place a waffle on a plate, top with turkey and gravy and a cooked egg. Serve waffle top on the side.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.